8/12/10

matches sooth the burn

i like matches, they calm me, they grant me serenity - they're friendly and helpful, they light my cigarettes, they light my life - especially those long wooden waterproof matches that strike easily on the sides of their big boxes, and tease me with a little spark, a glow, and a fizzle, make me think they're going out, then fwoom, the whole fat tip of phosphorous goes up in a plume and the warm chemical smell wafts out, such a beautiful scent - i don't like matches, i love them - they're my solace, when i've turned the world to shit - sleep isn't even doing it for me these days, my sickness follows me into dreams, but matches are my friend

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

I really enjoyed your posts, they smack of a poetic prose that moves me. I would like to invite you to my new blog at dragontalespress.blogspot.com. I want to start a little blog magazine of creative arts. My vision is to have input from storytellers, painters, creative non-fiction bloggers, photographers, graphic artists…well, just about anyone who has something that they want to share.

So this is your personal invitation. All copyrights to whatever you decide to send to me refer directly back to you. I plan on just showcasing the incredible talents of the international web community. Come join the party!

The Twin Gears of Cringe and Cling

Donating. Actually doing something - an interaction - over the web - financial transaction, christmas shopping, or sort of gesturing to chri...