7/16/09

self-improvement

you love me with your tongue
you leave no room for me
i know you'll leave me later
i'll chew oubliette to forget
it's not as surreal as it gets
juicy fruit will move me through the ravine
with kinesthetic genius
i turn my back on your schemes
on a shrunken mission
flying with a fisher price jet back
from church roof to power cable curl dimension

i remember, your blond hair looks like a straw wig
your father liked me, your mother liked me
your dog liked me - they turned on me later
i'm not morally correct but i'm a chew toy
a velveteen rabbit

later, i'll try to write sketch comedy
in the park, the meta-FBI
how do you be a good republican?
well, you listen to your heart
you can call it god's will if you like
and you follow it until your body bloats
to the size of the clock tower

i followed you monique, all the way to the hospital
i said honesty was my virtue, but i implied i was willing
to be your kind of guy, trimmed and buffed, and
it happened, in front of random onlookers, and
you played an operatic song for me, on the piano, and sang
while thunder crashed, and holy shit, i froze, and melted
and we went down to the shore, and i looked back
and you were gone, and i went home to oblivion
and dodged rocks in the ravine and chewed gum
oubliette to forget

No comments:

The Twin Gears of Cringe and Cling

Donating. Actually doing something - an interaction - over the web - financial transaction, christmas shopping, or sort of gesturing to chri...