4/11/06

The itch

The urge to solve the mysteries - to sort it all out - has always been with me. It's an itch that needs to be scratched. But now I'm weary and sick of the itch, and scratching it is just a response to the maddening persistence of what I see as problems and paradoxes on this level. My attempts at philosophy are so the itch doesn't drive me insane. It used to be that I liked the itch itself, as well as the scratch. Now I'd rather be numb, but no anesthetic really works for me.

4 comments:

Dez M.E. King said...

mystery doesn't do it for ya, huh? so what do you do when yer presented wit a mystery...just look at it's slightly inviting, mystic stare and go huh, some other poor bastard can slug thru that?

Hector the Crow said...

Exactly. It's kind of like watching a David Lynch movie.

Hector the Crow said...

Hey Jenn - you probably relate more than you think you do.

Hector the Crow said...

lalala

The Twin Gears of Cringe and Cling

Donating. Actually doing something - an interaction - over the web - financial transaction, christmas shopping, or sort of gesturing to chri...